No products in the cart.
Mount Kenya University Foundation supports many activities and initiatives geared towards the dissemination of research findings an other contributions.
Some of the conferences funded by MKU Foundation include:
- 5iiRC2018 Stakeholders Breakfast: the conference breakfast launch was carried out today at Crowne Plaza Restaurant, Upper Hill. The launch brought together key stakeholders and partners from the institutions of high learning, government agencies, research institutions, NGOs, etc all seeking to explore ways of partnering with the organizers of the conference. The launching ceremony was officiated by Dr. Alice Kande, Commission for University Education, representing CUE Chairman, Prof. Chacha Nyaigoti Chacha. The guest speaker applauded the spirit of cooperation between the four partnering institutions in Africa and challenged the conference organizers to also bring on-board universities from outside Africa in future.
- Call for innovative & creative activities for professional student associations: The current global trend in addressing socio-economic challenges strongly focusses on innovation and creativity. This is informed by reputable authorities such as John Howkins in the book “The Creative Economy: How People Make Money from Ideas”.According to Howkins, innovation and creativity are today’s hallmark of economic development. Consequently, in tandem with MKU’s Mission and Vision, the University is in support of Professional Student Associations/Clubs as possible breeding ground of the country’s innovative and creative minds. Entrusted with this responsibility is the Mount Kenya University Foundation (MKUF) which has received a generous donation of 3 million shillings from Mount Kenya University management, to announce the call for ideas, review applications, coordinate the disbursement of funds and assist in nurturing the best ideas to the next level. MKUF is a registered charitable arm of Mount Kenya University. It was established to co-ordinate several activities that the University has been undertaking in support of the students, alumni and the community.
- Peace Conference: MKU Foundation has so far supported 2 peace conferences aimed at promoting peace as Kenya heads to election.
- ICABUMPA-iN4iN Conference 2015: Mount Kenya University in 2015 organized the International Conference on Advancement of Business Management Practices in Africa(ICABUMPA) and the Intelligence for innovation (iN4iN).The conference was hosted in Kenya by Mount Kenya University School of Business and Economics in partnership with iN4iN Africa and Equip Africa Institute. The conference was based on ‘Intelligence for Innovation’; concept developed by Leipzig University, Germany and best business management practices.
- Turkana Water Summit 2014: The National Water Summit 2014, an initiative of Mount Kenya University, was held on Oct. 9 & 10 2014 at Kristine’s Camp along the shores of Lake Turkana. The who is who in regional water sector participated in the two-day event, which was officially opened by H.E Mwai Kibaki, former president of Kenya on Oct. 9. Among the high profile participants were MKU Vice-Chancellor Prof. Stanley Waudo, H.E Josphat Nanok, Governor, Turkana County, Amb. Titus Ekai, Principal Secretary, State Department of Sports and Culture, James Teko, Principal Secretary, Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources, Dr. Michal Mlynar, the Ambassador of Slovakia to Kenya, and Dr Mohamed Djelid, the UNESCO Regional Director. The summit was attended by representatives from Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Germany, Israel, Japan, Netherlands, Rwanda and Slovakia and USA. Water for Socio-Economic Development was the key theme in the summit, which had seven sub-themes.